The thought of pampering yourself can be overwhelming—carving out time, making an appointment at a spa, paying the bill + tip, and only having an hour of relaxation after all is said and done just doesn’t seem like enough. We say scrap making appointments and instead book yourself for a few hours at your home! We dare you to think outside the box to create your very own spa day on your own terms.
With a little help from your hot tub, a few ingredients from your pantry, an open mind and a few hours, we think you’ll be looking to book yourself a spa day at your house more often!
Below we breakdown a few ways to treat yourself from your head right down to your toes; have fun!
Spa Day: Facial
Turn on some relaxing tunes, pour yourself a glass of water with cucumber (hydration is key), and look through the list below to find the perfect DIY Face Mask. We recommend preparing ingredients the day before.
- Avocado Face Mask: Avocados are great for you not only in your diet, but also when you apply them topically to your skin. They are packed with Omega-3’s, are high in water content, and contain protein to keep you going throughout your day. For your skin, they are great at moisturizing without the use of harmful chemicals. To make a mask, cut open one avocado, scoop it out, mash it and combine with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply it to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash it off with a warm washcloth.
- Brown Sugar Scrub: Combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Wash your face well, then apply enough of the scrub to cover your face. Massage it gently in circular motions, then rinse your face well. This combination is known to leave skin soft and smooth and can help heal acne.
- Dry Skin Face Mask: Combine ¼ cup of uncooked oats, 1/8 cup honey & 1/8 cup olive oil. Clean your face, then apply a thick layer of the scrub. Massage into your face for a minute, then let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water and pat skin dry. This is a wonderful way to combat dry skin, while exfoliating your skin with the oats.
(Side note: make sure to test any DIY masks, etc. on your hand before you apply to your face to check for possible allergies!)
Aromatherapy + Hot Tub
Continuing on your spa day, the next step is some relaxing time in your hot tub, complete with aromatherapy scents. Our Spazazz aromatherapy products are a wonderful way to aid in relaxing; from Lavender Palmerosa to Eucalyptus Mint, each one will help your mind and body in different ways. Some of our hot tubs have the Aroma Therapy system that you can add liquid through, while others you will have to add them manually. If you are adding them manually, 5-10 drops are sufficient. No hot tub? You can easily apply these products right to your bath!
We recommend applying your facial, resting your mind, then spending time soaking in your tub.
Spa Day: Treat Your Feet & Hands
Next up is treating your tired feet and hands. We love soaking our feet, and exfoliating them along with our hands. The foot soak only needs a couple ingredients—grab a bowl, towel, and fill the bowl with warm water along with one cup of Epsom salt. Soak your tootsies for 30 minutes while massaging your feet with the mixture as well. This will help exfoliate and keep your feet soft.
After your feet are dried off, exfoliate your hands with Epsom salt and a water mixture. Get out your favorite nail polish and give yourself a little manicure and pedicure!
Spa Day: Odds + Ends
It’s important to read your body and mind, to better understand what you need to best detox yourself and start fresh. Maybe a few hours with a book after you apply your facial is the perfect way to help you relax, or perhaps meditation is something that is important to try. Here or some suggestions, all important for different reasons:
- Read a great book for a few hours.
- Find a meditation regiment and create a peaceful environment to practice.
- Go for a walk and enjoy nature, sans music or phone.
- Do yoga stretches in your home or hot tub.
- Sit in your hot tub and let MicroSilk work its magic.
Make the day about you! We can’t wait to hear how you create your very own, personalized spa day!